I've lived in Northeast Travis County Precinct One for over 40 Years. I am the tenth of eleven children of the Sampson's Family.
At an early age my father taught me the value of a good hard days work. I honor my father by working hard every day. Now I want to work hard for the citizens of Travis County Precinct One.
Education and Professional Training
- Graduated form Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas.
- Graduated from Travis County Sheriff's Academy.
- Attended Austin Community College, Continuing Education.
- Certification in Highway Construction (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies).
- Texas A&M University, Engineering Classes, Continuing Education in Highway Construction.
- Continuing Education Classes on designing pedestrian facilities for accessibility in accordance with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
- Water, Wastewater, Water Safety and Underground Utilities Training.
- Environmental Control Training.
- Management Training.
- Central Texas Infrastructure Design and Construction Training.
- Railroad Right-of-way Training.
I've worked for the City of Austin for over 30 years.
While working with the City of Austin, as a Project Coordinator, Inspector, Plan Reviewer, and Estimator, I have overseen multi-million dollar
projects to ensure that they were within budget and completed on time. I developed strong skills in resolving conflicts with
citizens, contractors, and city staff. Contractors, my co-workers, and management have recognized me for my dedication.
- Project Coordinator - managing/inspecting special assigned projects. Supervised employees to ensure
assignments are complete on schedule.
- Liaison for the downtown Austin - ensure the existing infrastructure meets City of Austin requirements.
- Project Coordinator - Lead Inspector for the street construction on the City Hall and Public Plaza while under construction form 1999 o 2004.
- Letter of appreciation from the City of Austin Director of Public Works and Chief Engineer for a job well done on several
major railroad crossings through-out East, North East, and North Austin.
- Distinguished Service Award from the City of Austin former Mayor, Kirk Watson for working on the ADA Program.
- Instructor for Office of Minority business Affairs Blue Print Reading Class, City of Austin.
- Served on the City of Austin Grievance Committee for over 2 years.
- City of Austin Project Coordinator, Inspector, Plan Reviewer, and Estimator for over 30 years.
- Project Coordinator on the installation of 21 major railroad crossing and rehabilitated 20 miles of railroad tracks from East, Northeast, and North Austin to Howard Lane.
- Public Works Service Award for the most Responsive, Respectful, and Resourceful empolyee.
I've served as a Certified Commissioned Texas Peace Officer for 12 years.
As a Police Officer I took an oath to protect and serve. As a resident of Northeast Austin, Travis County Precinct One, I also understand the problems that exist
between the community and law enforcement. I am committed to use my experience as a former police officer to bring the community and law enforcement together.
As a Veteran I proudly served our County in the United States Armed Forces
Small Business Owner / Affordable Housing
I understand the need for affordable housing in Travis County. I intend to work with the Commissioner Court to ensure that all available funds for affordable housing are used as intended.
- Member of the Windsor Park Neighborhood Association.
- Volunteer for Driver a Senior.
- Volunteer and Member of Greater Mt. Zion Baptist Church.
- Worked with Capital Metro to relocate a bus stop to reduce neighborhood complaints.
- Served as neighborhood watch block-captain.
- Work with others to have Affordable Housing in the Community.
- Member of Tejano Democrats, Black Austin Democrats - Served as Treasurer.
- Member of NAACP, Greater Austin Black Chamber and Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce.
- Served on City of Austin Communication
Technology and Telecommunications Commission Board - received Distinguished Service Award.
Awards and Recognition
- Letter of appreciation from the former City of Austin, City Manager Toby Futrell on the City Hall and Public Plaza from
1999 to 2004.
- Letter of appreciation from the former City of Austin, Director of Public Works Sondra Creighton on the City Hall and Public Plaza.
- Letter of appreciation from the former City of Austin, Director of Public Works, Peter Rieck on the Reconstruction of 21 Major
- Letter of appreciation from the City of Austin, former Director of Public Works, Chief Engineer Lino Rivera on Rehabilitating 20 miles of Railroad Tracks through-out East and North Austin.
- Distinguished Service award from the City of Austin, former Mayor Kirk Watson on the ADA Program.